A project that John Kay (ex Sales Director of EMC Advertising Gifts) is heavily involved in is asking for help to get together notepads, pens and clothing for a temporary school set up to offer the best education possible to the children caught in the refugee camp in Calais.
These are needed for their basic function, not aesthetics, so any unwanted stock or misprints would be gladly accepted. As the refugees are mostly from Africa and malnourished, sizes from Baby up to Large are most useful.
If you have anything that you think could be of use, please contact Simon Kay at EMC Advertising Gifts – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 492 2208.
Goods identified as most needed are listed below:
- Trainers especially sizes 41 to 43, and ideally black
- S, M long-sleeved tops, jumpers and hoodies
- S, M short-sleeved t-shirts
- S, M tracksuit bottoms
- Waterproof trousers
- S, M new underwear (not Y-fronts)
- XS, S, M leggings
- XS, S, M tracksuit bottoms
- S, M, L tunic tops with long sleeves
- S, M Knickers
- Boots/shoes up to size 39. No heels!
- Smaller cup size bras (up to 36C)
- Tracksuit bottoms – for ages 12-17
- Jeans – for ages 12-17
- Underwear – for ages 12-17 or men’s size small
- Hoodies – sizes small and medium
- Trainers (ideally black) – 40, 41, 42, 43.
(List of categories – click here for exhaustive list)
- Kitchen items
- Mobile phones
- Cleaning/clothes washing items
- Padlocks (with both keys and combinations)
Most requested items:
- Metal kettles
- Plastic/metal cups and mugs
- Lights and lanterns
Published on: July 15th, 2016